Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving and a Little Extra

We have had a very busy couple of weeks as I'm sure most of you have- the holidays are always very busy for us. We hosted Thanksgiving for my mom's side of the family this year so I was getting prepared for that. Luke has also been a busy guy.

He went to his first day at Mother's Day Out. He only went for a half day to see how he would do (also how I would do) and he seemed to really like it- no tears at all when I left him. He starts this Wednesday going all day for one day a week. It will be good for him to interact with other kids and give me a break to get stuff done.

The weather until yesterday has been really nice. We have been able to play outside some in the afternoons which Luke loves to do! He gets really mad when it's time to come inside and throws a big tantrum. Those seem to be happening more lately- Luke has definitely developed a mind of his own and lets us know what he wants and when.

Luke's walking has progressed more to running now. He likes to get our attention and then walk/run away and not pay attention to where he's going. He's had a couple of accidents causing a few bruises on his forehead. The new speed has also allowed him to start chasing Maggie more which she occasionally doesn't mind. Luke absolutely adores her and is constantly calling her name.

Last Monday we went back to the doctor for a re-check on Luke's ears. He has been having problems with fluid in them although it doesn't seem to bother him much. The doctor put him on 10 days of amoxicillin to see if it will clear up. He also started taking allergy medicine because he has been rubbing his eyes a bunch and I'm hoping he's not allergic to the dog or cat :(

On Wednesday our company starting arriving. Troy's parents and aunt and uncle also stopped in on their way down to Dallas. My mom, stepdad and aunt arrived about 3 and my sister and her boyfriend got here about 6. We had a great time catching up and entertaining Luke (or was he entertaining us). Thanksgiving Day we had a pretty relaxing morning and didn't rush to get all the goodies prepared. We had friends come from Tulsa for the day as well. We ate our fried turkey (so good) later in the day and Luke enjoyed his first Thanksgiving meal with all the trimmings. We all thoroughly stuffed ourselves and went to bed pretty early.

No comments: