Thursday, November 29, 2012

Busy=Absent

Yep, that's me--absent.  At least from the blogging world for the last 3+ weeks.  That's a long stretch for me to not blog.  Life has been busy is all I can say.  

Last year at this time, I was about 37 weeks pregnant and I was so organized--all the Christmas shopping was done; there were multiple meals in the freezer for easy dinner prep; I had two free days a week to do whatever was necessary or what I wanted.  I knew looking ahead last year that this crazy time of year for us would get even more crazy and busy.  I was right.  

This year, I have an 11 month old (her 11 month post is hopefully happening today too) and a 4 1/2 year old.  The Christmas shopping is maybe half done; I do have a few freezer meals but not nearly as many; and my "free" days now include a beautiful, little tag-along so there are not as many days of what I want and more of what is necessary.  In no way am I complaining but as I said life is busy.

We hosted Thanksgiving this year.  We love to host Thanksgiving.  Troy loves to smoke and fry some meat and I like cooking the rest of the meal and entertaining is fun for us both.  That all adds up to more busy.  

I mailed out one year birthday party invitations yesterday.  (I can't believe I just typed that sentence out.)  I have handmade all 4 of Luke's birthday invitations; I bought a template for Hannah's on Etsy and saved myself a bunch of time although they do still have a small handmade touch.  That bothered me a bit--I wanted to do the whole thing from scratch.  Life is too busy for that much time on birthday invitations.  There was no skimping on the cuteness factor though--that's a line that won't get crossed.  The list of items to do before her party is long and I'm hoping I can carve out small chunks of time to get those tasks done before the day of the party.

So, now I need to move on to Hannah's 11 month post so that I can still have enough time to fix dinner before Troy gets home from work.  Wish me luck :) (Oh, and forgive me if it doesn't happen until tomorrow or even this weekend or maybe even next week.)

No comments: