Monday, November 5, 2012

I Love... A 400th Post

This is my 400th post.  That's a lot of moments recorded and memories to be cherished over and over.  (I reread bits and pieces of my blog probably every other week--it's so fun for me.)  A few weeks ago I tried to decide if I should do anything special for this post but decided against it partially because I haven't had much time to blog lately.  I really need to do just a random pic post but as you can see that hasn't happened.  It's on my list for this week although it's closer to the bottom that the top.  So, for this my 400th post I'm just going to make a list of things going on right now in our lives.

Luke
*Currently playing Legos.  He absolutely loves his Legos.  I love that they foster his imagination so much.  The stories he comes up with while playing are awesome.  The animals are currently playing at a waterpark and going down the waterslides.
*Today is Monday which means it's karate day.  Luke really loves going to his class.  I love that he gets to interact with other kids, burn off some energy and have improvement goals for himself.
*Luke is learning so much at school.  He can write his name; his cutting skills are greatly improved; they have a letter a week which they write repeatedly and work with all week; and he's become more independent.  That last one is tough for me but I know that is what is best for him.  I love that Luke loves to go to school and learn.

Hannah
*Currently napping.  It's very early for her morning nap; it's 9:25 now.  The time change this weekend has messed with her schedule.  I love that Hannah has a schedule now (somewhat)--it's been a long time coming for this mama who likes to have a consistent schedule.
*Hannah is a superb eater.  I have yet to find something she will not eat.  Hooray for having an awesome eater!  I love that she enjoys anything I give her.  
*Probably within the past week Hannah has started trying to sing.  Last night coming home from my dad's, Luke and I sang Frere Jacques the entire 15 minute drive home to comfort her.  When we got home she was trying to imitate us and was humming.  I love watching her grasp new concepts.

Troy
*Currently at work.  Troy has been very busy at work lately.  I'm so grateful that he has a job that he enjoys (at least most of the time).  I love that he choses to support our family and that I get to stay home with our children.
*Troy has been diligently researching our trip to Switzerland for our 10 year anniversary trip.  He is good at research (something I don't enjoy as much).  I love that he is so excited for our trip and that I get to spend around 12 days with just him in May.
*Troy is in two fantasy football leagues this year.  He is commissioner of one.  Troy really enjoys the process of all of this.  I love that he has his own activity he can get lost in for a while if he needs to. (Yes I really do mean that.)

Me
*Currently blogging (obviously).  Blogging is a form of scrapbooking in my mind--preserving memories and recording our stories.  I love that I am able to record all of this information to share and to revisit down the road.
*I have recently had some time to do some actual paper scrapbooking.  Within the last week I have made 5 pages!  Considering that is more than I've done since Hannah was born, it is great progress.  I love that I also have my own activity that I can get lost in when I need to.
*I have been struggling lately with not having much "me" time.  I realize that this time in my life is not all about me but rather making sure that my family is taken care of and has what it needs.  Even though it may not always be easy, I LOVE LOVE LOVE being a wife and a mom.  

No comments: