Friday, May 9, 2014

The Lasts: As Good as the Firsts

I came across this blog post on Facebook a while back.  It really hit home for me at the time and just now going back and reading it again it struck again.  I think I do a pretty good job of taking in and capturing all the small, seemingly not-so-significant moments in our lives.  Those are the moments I wish I knew more about from my childhood so I try to capture them for Luke and Hannah.  The author of the post reminds us the very first firsts are sweet but so too are the very last lasts--the last time you hear 1, 2, 3, 7, 8; the last day of school before going to kindergarten at a new school; watching the first steps of your last child; understanding that your help isn't quite as necessary as it once was.  All of this is supposed to happen; children are supposed to grow up and flourish and learn; however, for this mama it's just a reminder to enjoy those small moments that really aren't so small after all.

No comments: