Friday, March 26, 2010

Random

I haven't posted in almost two weeks. It's not that there hasn't been anything interesting going on I just haven't made it to the computer with enough time to type. So here I am and I'm not sure what to write about today thus the random title.

I've been thinking a bunch lately about how fast Luke is growing up. That's not a new subject for me but it always amazes me and also bothers me at the same time. Luke is 20 1/2 months old. His 2nd birthday is less than 4 months away and it makes me sad. Don't get me wrong, I love this age (when have I not loved the current age). I can just see certain baby traits disappearing and I know I'll never experience those again with Luke at least.

A couple of the newest things Luke has going include talking in sentences (not always understandable but sentences nonetheless), saying no way more than he should (nothing new for a toddler) and not wanting to be carried anywhere unless it's his idea. I am still frustrated that I can not figure out a way to get him to eat solid vegetables other than sweet potato fries and the occasional green bean. Ketchup and ranch dressing are great to lick off of veggies and then spit them back out. If anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears.

Luke currently has another cold. He has been sick so much this winter. I can't wait for the warmer weather to come and stick around for a while. Overall, Luke deals pretty well with not feeling good. He gets a little more clingy and fussy but he's usually still pretty happy. The unfortunate thing for him is that he always seems to have a nasty cough to go along with his colds. Neither of us sleep the best when he's coughing because I'm lying awake listening and worrying and Luke is coughing so much he can't stay asleep. We were up last night from 3 am until 4:30 am- ugh!

Speaking of last night, what a game K-State played against Xavier! Troy and I were none too impressed with the refs because they definitely cost us the win in regulation time by not calling a non-shooting foul. Thankfully, we managed to pull out the win in the second OT. Troy and I were a mess during the OTs and had a hard time calming our nerves so we could go to bed. Who would have thought that KSU would be in the Elite Eight and KU would be out before the Sweet Sixteen? Definitely not I but way to go K-State!

No comments: