Thursday, April 7, 2011

Poor Baby

First off let me say that I am incredibly fortunate not to have allergies or if I do they only bother me when the counts are super high. Even then I only cough and don't feel horrible. Troy is the same way. So, WHY OH WHY, does my poor baby have allergies so terribly? I feel absolutely awful for him. This round hit on Monday afternoon after his nap when he woke up with a temperature of 102.7. We went to the doctor Tuesday morning just to rule out anything else and just like I though it was just his allergies. She did give us a prescription for amoxicillin and we started using the aspirator again but we're still not seeing any results. Luke woke up again this morning with a temperature over 102 and he's still coughing horribly although at least it's not quite as dry now. We need a really good rain and for everything to stop being in bloom (yeah right).

The other factor in this is letting Luke be outside. It's the absolute worst thing for him right now to be out in the air. Unfortunately Luke doesn't understand that and it's been a bit tough trying to explain it to him. The weather is finally consistently warm and we can't enjoy it much.

Let's hope Luke wakes up tomorrow and feels like a new kid.

Also, any of you that have secret tips for allergy remedies, I'm all ears!

No comments: