Friday, March 29, 2013

Random Tidbits

Okay, so I still haven't really gotten the writing bug back this month but I have been keeping track of some random things on my phone.  In no particular order, they are...

*Luke has occassionally started taking showers by himself.  It is nearly impossible to get him out because he loves them so much.  I like this but at the same time it makes me sad because that means he's getting older and not needing my hlep in quite so many things.

*Luke had another double ear infection this past week.  The doctor was getting ready to listen to his heart and lungs with the stethoscope and she asked Luke was the stethoscope was called.  He thought about it for a second and said, "Heart-o-scope."  The doctor and I both enjoyed that one.  She told Luke that he was close and said it was a wonderful answer.  Another tidbit from the doctor--Luke weighs 38 lbs and 8 oz.  

*All the kids in Luke's class call him Lukey at school.  I think it's pretty funny.  Luke doesn't see to mind.  I just hope it doesn't stick around too long.

*Hannah really loves to sing Frere Jacques.  I mean really loves to sing it.  She sings all the time.  Troy and I love it!  The best is when Luke sings with her.

*Troy and I have less than 2 months until we go Switzerland.  Troy ordered our train passes last week and we've started talking about our activities and what we're going to pack.  It's really exciting but I'm a little apprehensive about being gone from the kids for so long.

*Troy and I love to keep track of state license plates when we travel.  I have an app for it on my phone.  We're also getting Luke into it.  It might make us dorks but we really have fun.  On our trips to Kansas we probably average close to 35 different states and at least 2 provinces from Canada.

*I don't know why it's taken spring so long to get here this year.  I do know that I'm very ready for it to be here.  Luke is too.  He is constantly asking me when he can play with water outside and when we'll be able to go to the pool.

*Hannah loves to help me around the kitchen--especially closing cabinets and saying all done.  I am amazed how inclined she is to help me already.  The differences between Luke and Hannah are constantly amazing me.

*Troy and I have decided that Luke won't be starting kindergarten for another year.  We had a teacher conference last week and in some aspects he's ready but his fine motor skills and attention span are still a bit lacking.  There are other factors that lean toward waiting as well.  I have to say that Troy and I pretty much decided about a month ago that Luke would wait another year.  Since then I haven't worried about it or thought about it much so I know we've made the right choice.

No comments: