Thursday, June 13, 2013


So, it's been over a month since my last post.  This year it has been harder for me to find the time to blog.  It's not like I'm a busy mom with a toddler and preschooler running around, school is out for the summer or we're doing fun stuff together or anything like that--definitely nothing like that.  

I have gobs of pictures from the last month but a computer issue that required an overnight stay at the Apple store to restore all of my pics has caused a slow down in that department.  They used to be neatly organized by event and I could find what I was looking for in a few seconds.  Now they are in large groups, thankfully still in order by date, but it will take a bit of time to get them all back into events and sorted in order to find things.  Another task that requires much time for a mom who doesn't seem to have much free time these days.

So a quick word run-down on the last month:

May 12: Mother's Day: It was a great day.  We had brunch with Grandma and Grandpa Hogancamp and I spent the rest of the day outside planting flowers.  I choose to order mexican for dinner which we enjoyed outside on the patio.

May 16: Luke's last day of school:  Luke had a great school year.  We also found out this week that he will have the same teachers next year; we are very excited about that!  

May 20: Luke's last day of Gymnastics:  At the end of this session the gym has what they call the M&M olympics for the kids.  Luke got a trophy and 2 bags of M&Ms.  Much excitement there.

May 20: The devasting tornado in Moore, OK.  Mother Nature can be a very scary force and we were/are very sorry for those families affected by this storm as well as the other communities affected this tornado season here in OK.  We are very grateful to have our storm shelter and pray that we never truly need it.

May 25-June 6: Troy and I go to Switzerland to celebrate our 10th anniversary.  We had a wonderful time even with awful weather.  I have no doubt there will be many posts on this trip hopefully soon.  The kids stayed at home and Grammy and Sarah were with them the first week, Grandma and Grandpa H for the weekend and Grandma and Grandpa J were here for the last 5 days.  

Again, hopefully pictures will follow soon.

No comments: