Thursday, August 14, 2008

July 14, 2008- Mom goes home


After exactly three weeks in the hospital, I was able to go home.  It was incredibly hard to leave the hospital without Luke.  I would have stayed there the whole time Luke was there if the insurance would have covered it.  I was released about 4:30 in the afternoon.  Troy and I went straight to Target to fill my pain medication prescriptions- drugs are a good thing :)  When we got home, the first order of business for me was to see the nursery which unfortunately I was not able to participate in putting together.  The second order was to spend some time with our golden retriever, Maggie.  She was totally overjoyed to see me and I have to admit the feeling was mutual.  I had really missed her in the hospital and Troy said numerous times that Maggie would walk around the house trying to find me.  

Troy's parents were still here and had fixed us dinner.  It was absolutely wonderful to have a home cooked meal.  I enjoyed many home made treats in the hospital but never a full meal- I really enjoyed it.  After dinner it was back to the hospital to spend some time with Luke and feed him.  I had a very difficult time saying goodbye at the end of our visit.

1 comment:

RED STICK WRITER said...

Dear Luke's Mom,

Hey, what's going on there in Tulsa? I noticed that you had dropped by Red Stick Writer and exited to look at Christine's pics, and it reminded me that I should look at lj's page to get a periodic Luke fix. Imagine my surprise to find that you have not provided same. Okay. Let's make a pact. I'll post at least twice a week, and you do the same.

Love,
Paw Paw