Monday, October 19, 2009

Sick Time

So, the last six days have not been great for the Johnson household. Last Wednesday I started feeling bad and quickly came down with the flu. Luke seemed okay until late on Friday when he developed a fever and cough. In an effort to be extremely cautious parents we took him to the doctor on Saturday morning to rule out swine flu. The doctor did run the quick nose swab test on him (boy was that fun) and it came back negative for Strain A flu but I wasn't totally convinced. I had all the symptoms on the CDC website except for vomiting (thank goodness) and fever. Luke had all except vomiting (very thankful for that). The doctor mentioned that they had been seeing false negatives in cases that were still in the early stages of development and I've heard on the news that the test may only be as accurate as 50%. So, even though Luke tested negative and I never went to the doctor, I believe there is a chance that we had swine flu. This is the first time that Luke has truly been sick to the point of being really fussy and whiny (who wouldn't be with a temp of 102.5) and even then Troy and I were amazed at how cute and adorable he was. Today is the first day we have felt better although we still didn't leave the house. I actually hope that we did have swine flu and now don't have to worry about getting it for the rest of the season; however, I wouldn't wish it on anyone and definitely not having it simulatenously with your 15 month old child. I know it could have been much worse but it still was absolutely no fun. Healthy wishes for you all!

No comments: