Wednesday, April 28, 2010

A Good Sign!?!

Yesterday after Luke's nap he kept repeating potty. That's not terribly uncommon. We have a "potty" for him in our bathroom that he has occasionally sat on usually with pants still around his waist. On Monday I bought a "potty seat" at Babies R Us in the hopes that we would get more interest from that. It has Elmo on it so that was pretty much the attention getter on Monday. So after changing Luke's diaper yesterday and still hearing a repetition of potty, potty, potty, I asked if he wanted to sit on the potty. He said yes! Totally surprised me! He took off for our bathroom which surprised me even more because we were closer to the guest bath by the kitchen. So in we go to our bathroom. I put the Elmo seat on the toilet and Luke sat there for 15 seconds maybe. Nothing happened but that's okay. I was totally thrilled that he asked to go in the first place! So let's hope that's a sign of good things to come! By the way, I'm not crazy for being excited about my child not needing diapers any more (they are expensive and let's face it who likes changing diapers anyway). We have a long way to go but we definitely took a tiny step forward yesterday. Way to go Luke!

No comments: