Monday, April 26, 2010

A Summary

Of last week that is. We had a rather eventful week. Monday was our low key day at home just chillin' after the busy weekend we had. Monday night after dinner though we had a nice surprise. Our friends the McBride's came over asking if we wanted to go out to get ice cream. Hum, no thinking required on that one.

On Tuesday, Luke and I went out to lunch with Ashley and Benjamin and the rest of the day was spent getting ready for my mom's arrival on Wednesday. After dropping Luke off at MDO Wednesday morning, I ran a few errands, got my hair cut, ate lunch in the car by Lake Hefner (it was a totally random decision and I really enjoyed the quiet time eating my lunch) and then I drove to the airport to get my mom. We drove home quickly and then went to Ann Taylor Loft because they were having a big sale. I was excited that we managed to get in a little shopping before we picked up Luke. Luke was very excited to see Grammy and ran right to her when we picked him up. After coming home for a snack we went back out to a newly discovered park for Luke to run off some energy. He had great fun showing Grammy how he could go down the slide by himself and watching the ducks at the pond.
Our plan for Thursday morning was to go to the zoo; however, when we got there all we could see was school buses (we later learned about 5000 kids were there) so we decided to pass on the zoo for the day. After debating our options for a while, we decided to go to the OKC Art Fest downtown. This turned out to be a great decision. Luke had fun with a balloon, getting a train painted on his arm, running through streamers and people watching. Mom and I really enjoyed the art and we each bought something. We ate lunch there which was interesting because of all of the people and trying to find something for LJ to eat but we managed and Grammy bought Luke strawberry dippin' dots which were a huge hit.
On Friday we called before heading to the zoo. We arrived about 9:30 and headed straight for the new children's zoo. Luke loved it! We splashed in a rocky stream, watching monkeys eating their breakfasts and we got to pet goats and a rabbit. We toured quite a bit of the zoo and saw tons of different animals. One of my favorites though was the merry-go-round that Luke and I went on after lunch. He picked out a zebra to ride and once we got moving he was all smiles :) Grammy got some great pics of us together!
Friday night we ordered pizza rather than going out as we had planned because Luke's allergies were really bothering him. His nose was runny and his eyes kept watering plus he was a little on the fussy side but I couldn't blame him because he didn't feel good. After Luke went to bed we all watched "The Informant." Troy loved it and Mom and I were less than enthusiastic about it.

On Saturday morning I took Mom to the airport before heading to the farmer's market. Then I came home and Troy and I did some yard work in the back while Luke played with his golf set and bubbles. Saturday afternoon was rather nice because I was able to scrapbook for a bit. And then Saturday night we went to the McBride's for dinner. Ashley and I enjoyed not cooking because we ordered Pei Wei rather than try to come up with a meal spur of the moment.

Yesterday was a definite chill day again. Troy played golf early and was home by 10:45 and then we all had lunch before the boys took naps and I scrapbooked again.

No comments: