Sunday, May 29, 2011

Pregnancy So Far

It's definitely true what they say--no pregnancy is ever the same. It started out just great--no morning sickness, tired but not exhausted and I felt good--that's how my whole pregnancy was with Luke. It's changed this time. I am almost 11 weeks pregnant and I started feeling not so great about the time we went on vacation 3 weeks ago. It wasn't bad just a few food aversions and not so much energy. The week we got back from vacation it became very difficult to eat a normal diet and that has continued. I currently eat bagels with cream cheese or peanut butter, jello, fruit smoothies with Carnation Instant Breakfast for some protein, cereal, chicken noodle soup and chicken salad sandwiches. I have thrown in a few random meals here and there but they usually make me feel pretty miserable. I am very grateful that at this point I'm not actually getting sick because I absolutely hate that (not that anyone thinks it's fun but I haven't thrown up in over 10 years--maybe too much information but there you go). This feeling is so foreign to me and I'm having a hard time adjusting. The house isn't very clean, there is a huge pile of laundry to fold and unfortunately for Troy and Luke I haven't been cooking too much. I know this sounds like a lot of complaining but I'm glad that my body is doing what it needs to do to maintain this pregnancy. I just won't be too sad to see the first trimester end so I hopefully start feeling better.

On a more upbeat note, I have had two ultrasounds so far. The first was to confirm the pregnancy and the during the second one we were able to hear the heartbeat (172 bpm) and the baby even wiggled a bit for us to see. Luke was fascinated during the second one and told me later that day how cool it was to see the baby move in my tummy.

Currently, we have not decided if we will find out if we are having a girl or a boy. I should say I haven't decided because Troy does want to know. I am leaning slightly toward yes but I'm not for sure yet. I'll definitely keep you posted on this.

Oh, I guess I should tell you too that my due date is December 18, Troy's birthday. However, I'll be having another c-section and my doctor said that would happen at about 39 weeks so somewhere close to December 12 (not the 11th because that's a Sunday). Obviously that could all change though.

And finally a pic of me at almost 11 weeks. You probably can't tell in the picture too well but I definitely have a bump and I had to start wearing stretchy clothes or leave my pants unbuttoned last week. Definitely another change from the first pregnancy.

No comments: