Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Tornadoes

Okay, so this afternoon was a little stressful. I'm sure you've seen the news about the tornadoes here in Oklahoma today. First let me say that we were very fortunate--our thoughts and prayers go out to those who lost their homes or worse here and in the other states hit by these terrible storms this season.

I started watching the weather continuously about 3 this afternoon. At 3:30 I decided that I wasn't going to go to my haircut appointment that was scheduled for 5. About 4 I called to see if Troy was coming home and learned that he had tried to leave but so many people were leaving at once that the parking garage was at a stand still. He decided to stay at work rather than chance getting caught in his car in a bad storm. It turned out to be a good decision although I would have preferred to have him home with us. After talking with Troy, I gathered supplies to take into the tornado shelter in case Luke and I needed them.

As it turned out, I took Luke and Maggie into the shelter twice during the early evening. Let me say that it's not much fun to be by yourself and get your toddler, dog and important possessions into a shelter. It's even less fun to get your 65 pound dog out of said shelter. Luke did a great job listening and following directions and actually had fun in the shelter playing with the flashlight. As I said, I didn't think it was quite as great as Luke.

I was more than happy to see the sun come out and for Troy to make it home this evening!

No comments: