Wednesday, August 24, 2011

23 1/2 Weeks

Things haven't changed a whole lot in the last 2 1/2 weeks for me other than this baby is definitely growing. The disappointing thing for me is that depending on what I'm wearing it's not always possible to tell I'm pregnant especially if you don't already know. Three times in the last 10 days or so when I mention I'm pregnant people are amazed and tell me I don't look pregnant at all. I wonder at what that means I look like because I feel big and pregnant and think it's odd that people wouldn't make that assumption. I mean the pictures above definitely show a pregnant lady to me!

The exciting thing that has changed is Luke was able to feel the baby move for the first time on Monday. I didn't see his face when he felt it because we were lying on the couch together and he had his hand on my stomach but he said very excitedly, "Mom, the baby kicked me!" Luke was thrilled to share the news with Troy when he got home from work.

Also evident in the pic above is that he is still very happy and excited about the new baby. It still depends on the day as to whether he wants a brother or a sister but it seems to me the answer is swaying more toward brother. Luke has also started to include the baby in his everyday conversation which I think is great. We talk about the baby numerous times throughout the day and Luke will ask me about whether the baby is moving or not. We also talk about all the things that Luke will be able to help me with and how he'll be able to help the baby too.

Oh, one more thing to mention. The fact that I haven't done a whole lot to prepare for this baby yet is starting to make me a little nervous. Maybe it's the fact that this is my second child or because cleaning out closets isn't exactly my idea of fun but I need to get my rear in gear and get some stuff done for this kiddo. Volunteers for closet cleaning would be appreciated though :)

No comments: