Friday, March 30, 2012

Random Thoughts

Just a whole bunch of random thoughts for today.  

*For the record I should really be folding laundry instead of blogging right now.  BUT blogging is much more fun and folding laundry is my least favorite household chore and I mean it's the very worst thing to do.  Why is that I wonder?  

*The weather here in OK has turned warm fast this year.  It's been in the low 80's all week.  I don't mind that but it makes me concerned about the rest of the summer.  I really would rather not repeat the 60+ one hundred degree days we had last year.  

*Since the weather has been so nice we've been outside a bunch this week.  We've been to the duck park 3 times, gone for a couple of walks and played outside after dinner every night.  I love that there are no mosquitos yet--too bad that won't last.  And a bonus is that Hannah loves to be outside.  It's very calming for her which is nice because we've had a couple of rough days this week.

*I finally installed Photoshop Elements on my computer.  Troy gave it to me for Christmas and I've just now had time to mess with it.  So far, I am really enjoying it.  I just wish I could figure out why my photo printer is giving me fits!  Messing with it has been another great excuse this week to avoid the laundry folding.

*Luke's attitude has been a bit of a problem lately.  Last Friday was the worst when we had to come home from Chesapeake before we ate lunch with Troy because Luke had an awful tantrum (we went to have lunch with him).  I really don't understand where this is coming from which makes it very frustrating for me.  

*Luke only has 7 more weeks of MDO.  I'm actually looking forward to no school so that Hannah can get a real schedule established.  It seems that she does great from Friday through Tuesday and then it falls apart on Wednesday and Thursday because her morning rountine is messed with and her afternoon nap time gets interrupted when we have to pick Luke up.  Next year Luke will be in preschool on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 9 until 11:45.  There is the option of extended enrichment each day which goes until 2:45 as well.  Hopefully I can get Hannah's nap schedule to coordinate with those times.

*I am very excited that we are going to be having some landscaping work done.  I wish I could say that I had the time and the energy to do it myself (because I would if I could) but I don't so we're getting some help.  I am most excited about getting a Japanese Maple put in outside our dining room window.  I'll get some pictures once it's in.

*You may remember the project I did last summer during July called a Week in the Life.  Well, Ali (the creator of the project) is doing it again this year in April.  She does it a different week each year to get a glimpse of different seasons so to speak.  I plan to follow along with her this year and I'm really excited about it.  No, I haven't finished my actual album from last year yet but it's close (one of the main motivators behind finally installing Photoshop Elements).  

*Very random:  the door bell just rang.  It's 3 pm.  I have a note on the door that says please do not ring the bell between 1:30 and 5 pm.  One because that's nap time and the bell itself might wake the kids and two because the bell definitely makes Maggie bark and that will usually wake the kids.  Of all people it was the mailman that rang it!!!  Seriously!!!  That truly irratates me to no end!!!  UGH!!!  Hannah did stir but I think she went back to sleep and I don't think it bothered Luke but still.  Oh, that makes me mad!!!

*Troy has a big presentation at work on April 10.  He will be presenting for the COO of the entire company.  This means he has been working some extra hours lately.  That's hard for us but I understand.  I know that he will do an awesome job.  I am so thankful that Troy has a wonderful job and that it affords me the opportunity to stay home with our children.  I know I don't tell Troy often enough how grateful I am that he works so hard for all of us.

*Last Sunday we were supposed to have Hannah's 3 month pictures taken along with some family shots.  Unfortunately our photographer had to cancel because she injured her arm.  I was really bummed about it.  We rescheduled for the 15th of April but that will pretty much be 4 months for Hannah.  I'm really glad I took so many pictures of her on the 22nd!

Okay, enough of the randomness for now.  I really should go fold some laundry or maybe see if my printer will work now :)

No comments: