Thursday, June 21, 2012

Date with Luke

Last Thursday Luke and I got to spend most of the day together just the two of us.  Grandma watched Hannah so that Luke could have some one on one time with me.  I asked him what he wanted to do and his first answer was to stay at home (he truly is a home body just like me).  After a little coaxing we decided to go to a new park--a park that we haven't been to before.  We decided to get lunch to take and eat at the park.  Lucky for me Luke choose McDonald's.  So we headed toward Myriad Gardens which is in downtown OKC.  Well, as it was a gameday (game 2 of the NBA finals) it was a bit difficult to find a parking spot.  Then Luke told me he really, really needed to go to the bathroom.  I decided to take my chances and park in a restaurant parking lot.  Luke went to the bathroom against one of the tires because that was the fastest spot (he actually thought it was pretty fun).  We then decided to eat lunch in the car because we were so hungry.  We ended up moving the car to a better spot and then walked to the gardens.  Our neighbor, Susannah, works close to the gardens and met us there to show us around and she even took a few pictures of us.  We had fun exploring the park: we watched the huge fish, climbed on rocks, played in the maze, and the highlight was playing in the water.  I didn't have a swimsuit for Luke and it took him a few minutes to be okay with getting wet with his shorts on; at one point he even tried to take his shorts off.  After getting nice and cooled off in the water, we walked back to the car and Luke quickly fell asleep on the way home.  We really had a great time just the two of us.  I know that Luke enjoyed having me all to himself for a few hours.  I love my munchkin so much--I enjoyed the time with him just as much if not more than he did with me.
 Do you see Luke peeking around the pole?

No comments: