Sunday, December 7, 2014

December Daily: 1-3 (plus a few extras)

I'm a little late at getting this started but better late than never.  I've attempted to participate in December Daily for the past couple of years and will make another attempt this year.  It's hard to believe that it is already December 7th!  The month is flying by and I know it will continue to do so.

November 29
Saturday after Hannah's nap we went to pick out our Christmas tree.  The weather was beautiful--sunny and 70 degrees (although a bit windy).  As predicted, we walked around the farm for a bit pretending we might cut down our own tree but then in the end we picked out a pre-cut tree.  I have to say that I love, love, love those red cowboy boots Hannah is sportin'.  She loves to wear them and gets several comments when she does.

November 30
Doby appeared a day early according to Luke.  I guessed it was because December 1 was a Monday and a school day and getting all that to work out well may have been tough.  He brought us quite the surprise.  Santa must have known that Troy and I had been discussing a new tradition for us because Doby delivered 3 "Christmas" Lego sets with directions stating that they can only be put together when all 4 of us can work on them.  Of course, we all promptly sat down after breakfast and worked together for an hour (didn't finish though).  

December 1
After dinner, we put on my favorite Christmas CD by Harry Connick, Jr.  and starting hanging up the ornaments.  I had put the lights on the day before.  This was Hannah's first year to help in the decorating.  She really had fun!  In the pic of both of us above we are hanging her princess ornament from last year--she kept saying how much she loved it!  And I have to say that the annual Luke on Dad's shoulders on a step ladder thing still totally freaks me out and makes me a nervous wreck but the angel always gets in position without a problem.

December 2
Tuesdays are normally school days for Hannah but she was really suffering from a nasty cold and didn't have too much energy so I kept her home.  We made a quick run to Hobby Lobby to get her a tree for her room and some ornaments to put on it.  She was rather worn out when we got home so I did most of the decorating before lunch and nap time but she did put a few of the ornaments on.

December 3
Luke and I put his tree up after he got home from school.  He was excited to have a few new ones to add this year along with a red star I bought him the day before.  He made sure that each branch had an ornament on it so they were nice and spread out.

No comments: