Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Hooray!!!

Luke has had 3 successful trips to the potty in the last 2 days!!! The best part about this is that he has been asking to go without any prompting from us. We get very excited for him and it's very obvious that he is proud of himself too. This morning we went to Babies R Us to buy a couple more potty seats so that all the bathrooms are covered now. I also let Luke pick out some big boy underwear--he found some Thomas ones that he liked.
I haven't completely decided when we are going to go at this full force but I don't think it's too far off. My one concern is that at MDO Luke is required to wear pull-ups until he is completely potty trained and I don't think I like that too much. I have heard from numerous parents that pull-ups don't always help and sometimes they delay the learning for the child. Any advice from those of you with experience on this? Anyway, for now we are all excited in our house that Luke is taking some big steps in the right direction towards being diaper free. Hooray Luke!!!

No comments: