Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Why?

Motherhood is full of absolutely wonderful tender moments, some moments that we wish we didn't have to go through at all and a whole bunch in between. Currently I'm going through an in between phase neither good nor bad of wondering why.

Why on the only morning of the week that Luke has to get up does he decide to sleep in?

Why does my 2 1/2 year old think he knows how to drive and tells me when to go, slow down, speed up, watch out and turn that way?

Why do toddlers eat super awesome one day and absolutely nothing the next?

Why does not listening seem to be a theme right now?

Why does Luke have 3 awesome days of going on the potty followed by absolute refusal to go near the toilet?

Why (very seriously why) do I have to have theme songs for kid shows memorized?

Why does pouring sand all over yourself seem like a good idea?

Why do you know how to make me so, so frustrated and at the same time pull hard on my heartstrings?

The real answers don't really matter. It's enough to be able to ponder these whys and simply know that I get to experience the purest joy in the world, motherhood.

No comments: