Thursday, March 3, 2011

New Schedule

So the last few weeks Luke has given himself a new schedule. Let me be the first to say that I'm not a huge fan. We have been hugely blessed with our child and his sleeping abilities but I'm afraid that our luck has run out.

The Old Schedule:
Get Up: Between 8 and 9
Nap Time: At least 2 hours usually more
Bed Time: Between 8 and 8:30

The New Schedule:
Get Up: No later than 7:30 (this morning was 6:50)
Nap Time: Lucky if it's more than 1 1/2 hours
Bed Time: Still the same

Now by no means is the above schedule bad or horrible (I know a few that are still not as lucky as that) but when you're adjusted to the first schedule it's tough to change. At least for my body it is. I like my morning time when I can take a shower and not rush or listen to a child yelling, "Mom, I awake," repeatedly for 10 minutes while I finish getting dressed. I also don't really want to have to get up at 6:30 to accomplish this. I'm okay with 7 but anything before then is pushing it (Troy would whole-heartedly agree with this).

All of that said I might be the first mom of a toddler to say that I'm looking forward to daylight savings time. It's March 13 in case you are wondering. I'm hoping that pushing everything ahead an hour may help Luke sleep until at least 8 so I can have my morning time back. If not, well, I'm not ready to think about that yet.

No comments: