Thursday, September 22, 2011

27+ Weeks


So as of today I'm 27 weeks and 4 days pregnant. If I went full term that means I have 87 days to go. That's not very much time--it's actually less than 3 months. Um, YIKES!!! I do feel more ready than I did a few weeks ago but we're definitely not completely ready.

I have some new things to report. The first is that I'm gaining weight and probably a little too much. I had an appointment yesterday and learned that I've gained 11 pounds in the last 5 weeks. That's a bunch. It means that total I've gained 17 pounds. It is less than with Luke but I do not want to continue to gain at that rate. The thing is that I don't feel like I've been eating a ton or even "bad" stuff. I guess I just need to watch my calories a bit closer.

Second, the baby has established a pretty regular schedule of activity and rest. Unfortunately for me one of the most active times is right when I go to bed. The one benefit is that it gives Troy a chance to really feel the baby moving around which he loves.

Third, the baby has started having hiccups. This is relatively recent but I expect they will only continue and get stronger. Luke had hiccups at least once a day while I was pregnant with him so I'm expecting a bunch with this one.

Fourth, at my appointment yesterday I had my glucose test (to test for gestational diabetes). I was a bit nervous about it because of all the weight I had gained but the nurse called this afternoon to let me know that I had passed it. Hooray!

One final note: Troy and I have been discussing our/my decision to have a repeat c-section. We are now considering a vbac (vaginal birth after cesarean). There are definitely pros and cons for each and we want to make the best decision for the baby and me. At my appointment yesterday I learned that my current doctor does not perform vbac's and she wasn't very willing to have an open discussion with me about it. There are so many factors in this decision that I'll probably have an appointment with a doctor who is at least willing to discuss the topic openly with us before we make a final decision.

This final picture is from last week. Luke has really gotten into feeling the baby move. He asks me several times a day if the baby is kicking me. In this pic he is trying to get the baby to move so he can feel a kick or two. I love it!



No comments: