Thursday, October 13, 2011

30+ Weeks

These pics were taken on Tuesday night--I was 30 weeks and 2 days pregnant. Yeah, there's definitely a baby in there. I get constant kicks, punches and wielding limbs to remind me which I love. So here's the rest of my list of preggo tidbits for now:

*I love that this baby moves so much but man oh man sometimes I just feel like a punching bag.

*I don't remember being this uncomfortable with Luke at this point (keep in mind that he was born at 34 weeks so the last 6 weeks of this one are all new territory for me).

*Leg cramps are not my friends. I'm really trying to be proactive and drink tons of water, stretch and walk more but I am still occasionally having cramps in the middle of the night. It scares Troy half to death when I sit bolt upright in pain. Hopefully I don't have 10 more weeks of cramps.

*I think I'm starting to get tired again. I find that between 3 and 4 I can hardly keep my eyes open. I know I should probably take a short nap while Luke does but I also think that I don't sleep as well when I do. And on top of not sleeping great anyways I don't want to add another reason for less sleep at night.

*Can I just say that getting out of breath from walking up the stairs is really annoying?!?! It drives me crazy especially when I've already been upstairs once and realize I forgot something. Having everything all squished up to your lungs isn't too great. Eating has also become more challenging because I don't have as much room in my tummy.

*Forgetting something isn't too uncommon these days either. I am usually very good about remembering things but definitely not right.

*My clumsiness factor has also greatly increased the last few weeks. Almost anything I touch has a 50-50 chance of being dropped. Thankfully I haven't broken anything yet. My balance is also off and I have to be more careful on the stairs.

Okay, so that just sounded like all I did was complain. Please don't interpret that as me not enjoying pregnancy because I do love being pregnant. Writing about it all helps me feel better though and everything I listed above is normal for being in your 3rd trimester. I am very anxious to meet this little one and adjust to being a family of four.

Oh, our final decision is to try to do a VBAC. Troy and I are both a bit nervous about this but know it is the right decision for me and the baby. We had our last appointment with my former OB on Tuesday and she took the news much better than we thought. We also had an ultrasound then and the tech estimated the baby to be 3 1/2 pounds and I only gained 1 pound the last 3 weeks which puts me at 18 pounds total. My first appointment with my midwife is this coming Wednesday. I am anxious to talk to her more and start creating the ideal plan for the birth of this baby.

No comments: