Thursday, January 26, 2012


This is basically a post for me to remember what happened when but you might enjoy reading the short tidbits I put with each event.

22: Hannah is born!
23: Hannah meets Luke, Grammy, Grandpa and Grandma H. and Ashley. I passed out about 11 am because I was given the wrong pain meds on top of my epidural. It's a much longer story that deserves it's own post.
24: Hannah meets Aunt Sarah, PawPaw, Aunt Barbara and Susannah. Luke holds Hannah for the first time.
25: We bring Hannah home from the hospital. For Luke's sake, we pretended that this was Christmas Eve.
26: We attempted to celebrate as if it were Christmas but my mom took Hannah and I back to the hospital because we were concerned that I may have had a blood clot. Thankfully it turned out to be nothing and we were back home about 3 hours later. Hannah meets Grandma and Grandpa J.,Uncle Todd and Aunt Georgia. We finish celebrating Christmas with Grammy, PawPaw, Sarah and Barbara later in the day.
27: Grammy, PawPaw and Aunt Barbara head home. We celebrated Christmas with Troy's parents. Hannah meets Aunt Kristi and Cousin Wesley and we celebrate Christmas with them, Sarah and Grandma and Grandpa H.
28: Sarah watches Luke while Troy and I take Hannah for her first doctor's appointment. She weighed 7 pounds 4.5 ounces. The doctor was hugely surprised that she had already started gaining weight (she actually gained weight in the hospital). Because she was growing so well we didn't have to schedule a 2 week appointment. Sarah heads home. We are home as just a family of 4.
29: Again it's just the 4 of us adjusting to being 4 of us. We pretty much were in our pj's all day.
30: More adjusting and chilling out. Troy and Luke have a camp out in the family room in Luke's new dinosaur tent (another post to follow on this hopefully).
31: It was a pretty warm day so we took Hannah on her first walk in the stroller. Luke enjoyed playing at the neighborhood playground for a bit too. Grandma and Grandpa H. come over about 4 and we ordered Mexican for dinner. Then the guys played MarioKart and we all went to bed well before midnight :)

1: Hannah has her first bath--it was really more of a sponge bath but she did pretty well and only cried through part of it. Luke was most excited to help us with this and kept telling Hannah that she was doing a good job.
2: Hannah hangs out in the bouncer for the first time.
3: We all had to go to my 2 week follow-up appointment with my midwife. We were only 5 minutes late leaving the house (pretty good for our 1st time out).
4-6: Grandma and Grandpa J. come to visit and help out for a few days.
5: Hannah is 2 weeks old already!
8: Luke comes down with an unexplainable temperature of 104. We were very concerned about him and also quite worried that Hannah would get sick. A nurse-on-call told me it was probably just the start of a bad cold--turns out she was right.
9: Troy goes back to work. I was anxious about my first day alone with a newborn and a sick toddler with a high fever. We made it through the day just fine though. It was probably a blessing in disguise that Luke was feeling rotten because he was pretty much a blob on the couch all day which made it easy for me. I realized that I was getting a plugged milk duct.
10: I called the doctor because my plugged duct was pretty painful and wanted suggestions on how to make things better. They told me if their solutions had not improved things by the next day to call back.
11: I managed to get Luke to MDO by myself before heading to the doctor because things had definitely not improved. The short story of this day is that I had to have the abcess on my breast drained. I am incredibly grateful that Troy was able to take off work to be with me at the doctor from 10 until 4 and that Ashley was able to take care of Luke for us after MDO. I hope to get another post written about the entire experience.
12: Luke goes to MDO again and Hannah and I veg out at home trying to recover from Wednesday.
13: This was the best day all week. I was feeling better and Hannah had a good night so I had some decent sleep. We didn't go anywhere but I felt like I could have conquered anything.
14: Troy and I are worried that Hannah may be developing acid reflux because she'd been having some huge spit ups all week and she had several throughout the day today. I had also been having to sleep on the couch with her most of the week because she wouldn't sleep lying flat on her back. These were all symptoms Luke had before he was diagnosed with acid reflux.
15: Aunt Sarah comes down to stay with us for a few days. Luke starts complaining that his ear hurt and his nose was running constantly.
16: I made dr appointments for both kids and I'm really glad Sarah was here to go with me. Luke had an ear infection and Hannah was diagnosed with acid reflux. This week Hannah started to find her hands and she also started "talking" to us :)
17: We just hung out with Sarah--it was really nice to have the extra hands because the previous few nights I was only getting about 3-4 hrs of sleep. I had a follow up appointment for my abcess and learned that it was much more serious than I originally thought--antibiotics for a month and another 2 week follow up appointment. I took Hannah to my monthly neighborhood Bunco group.
18: Luke goes to MDO and Sarah, Hannah and I go to Sam's Club and the grocery store. We also managed to go out to lunch at my favorite spot, Cafe 501. Sarah and my dad drove back to KC after Luke got home from MDO.
20: I took Luke and Hannah up to Chesapeake to have lunch with Troy and also so Troy could show off Hannah.
21: We all went out to run errands together as a family and then we had lunch out too. It was a successful first family outing. Hannah is starting to smile :)
22: We all went to the airport to pick up my mom. She stayed with us until the 27th. On our way home we went out to lunch again--I had been feeling a bit closed off from the world since I hadn't been getting out much so it was nice that everyone indulged my desire to eat out again.
23: I had a very rough night and Mom let me nap all afternoon :) Mom also insisted that Troy and I go out for a date since it's been quite a while. So we had a nice dinner out and enjoyed talking uninterrupted for about 2 hours. This is also the night that Hannah finally let me sleep in bed half the night rather than on the couch with her all night.
24: Luke and Grammy decorated sugar cookies--Luke had a blast! Mom helped me a ton around the house doing lots of odd jobs that I haven't been able to get done--thank you Mom!!! I slept in bed all night :) (well from 12:30 until 7 with one feeding).
25: I dropped Luke off at MDO and then Mom, Hannah and I went on our first girls shopping trip. It was great to get out and try on normal clothes. We also went out to lunch at Cafe 501.
26: Luke went to MDO again and the girls ran some errands and did a little more shopping. We also relaxed a bit because we were tired.
27: We spent part of the morning organizing all of Hannah's clothes (there are WAY too many of them). We had to take Grammy back to the airport about 4 and then we had a relaxing evening at home.
28-29: Another relaxing weekend at home just the 4 of us. Grandma and Grandpa H. came over for dinner on Saturday night and Uncle Todd and Aunt Georgia stopped in for a quick hello on their way home to Dallas on Sunday. We all took an awesome nap on Sunday afternoon that was much enjoyed :)

So, now we're up to date. Hannah has slept well all week. She's going to bed about 12ish and usually wakes up around 4 to eat then goes quickly back to sleep and wakes up again between 7 and 8. I'm considering this great progress after the previous 2 weeks and my only wish is that she would go to bed a bit earlier. She likes to eat about every hour to hour and a half from about 9 until 12 otherwise I would go to sleep when Luke went to bed. However, I'm definitely not complaining because knock on wood she's got a schedule going somewhat at 5 1/2 weeks old :)

We're starting this week out with all of us healthy and relatively well rested. Here's to keeping it that way!!! And maybe, just maybe I'll get another few blog posts written. It only took me a week and a half to write this one (no joke!).

No comments: