Thursday, August 26, 2010

Good-bye Sarah

Sarah is my sister for those of you that don't know. I had to say farewell to her last night since she is leaving Sunday and will be out of the country until Christmas. I knew saying good-bye would be tough and it was but it's still really hard now just typing this (tears are running down my face) and that I didn't expect so much.

For those of you that have a sister and have a close relationship with her you know what a sister means. I have the best sister in the world and I'm going to miss her terribly. Thankfully we'll still be able to keep in touch although at this point we're not sure how often. I'm hoping for weekly Skype sessions.

You might be wondering where she is going and what she will be doing. I can only partially answer that. She will be starting in Belize and she is hoping to do "help exchange" work with organic farmers. Basically she works for free and gets free accommodations and food. At this point she doesn't know how long she'll be in Belize or where she'll go from there. It's a very open ended trip (definitely not something I could do).

I wish her all the best for a wonderful, SAFE trip. I want her to know that I will think of her often and wonder what adventure she is currently taking on. Enjoy your trip Sars!!! I love you bunches!

No comments: