Friday, August 6, 2010

Good Night Big Boy!

It is official--Luke is currently sleeping away in his big boy bed. As I said on Monday, this was a hard one for me. I took pictures this morning and after nap time of Luke's last 'sleeps' in his crib. I almost cried when I took him out of his crib after his nap. You wouldn't think something that simple would be so tough or maybe I'm just a sappy mom. Either way it was hard.
The above picture is a great example of why Luke is moving to a regular bed. He hadn't yet managed to get over the crib rail but I have no doubt that he would have soon. I told Luke this morning and after his nap that he would be sleeping in his big boy bed tonight. Both times he looked at the bed and seemed excited. About 7:30 tonight we went upstairs to put the bed rail together and get everything situated. When Luke was getting his pj's on he told us that he was going to take a nap in the bed. I took that as a good sign. So we got his cloth diapers (his comfort item) and a couple of stuffed animals and climbed in. I read him two stories while Troy watched from the end of the bed and then we all said goodnight. It was so easy--too easy in fact. I know at some point we will have a problem with Luke getting out of bed but as of right now about an hour into sleeping in his big boy bed all is well and no sounds can be heard. Here's hoping we all get a full nights sleep and that Luke doesn't fall out of bed.

No comments: