Monday, June 27, 2011

15 Weeks

I am so excited to say that I think (knock on wood) that my "afternoon/evening" sickness is finally gone! It seemed to magically disappear overnight last Monday night. I still have to make sure that I eat regular snacks so I don't get too hungry but I have been able to eat almost normally all week. It is wonderful to crave and be able to eat fresh fruit and veggies again!

I also believe that I have felt a few flutters of movement this past week. It is early to feel movement but not unheard of and I know this baby is anxious to say hello :)

If prompted or asked, Luke will still call the baby Rudolph. Troy and I are not encouraging this name only friends and family. I'm still trying to come up with a better alternative. Luke has also started saying hi to the baby more frequently which is so much fun. Last night before bed he even gave the baby a kiss and said goodnight. He is going to be such a good big brother and a helper for me.

Troy and I still have not come to a decision about whether or not we'll find out if it's a boy or a girl. We are having a definite disagreement about this because I am now leaning toward not wanting to know. I had a very vivid dream the other night about the ultrasound and finding out the gender and I was hugely disappointed in the dream (not by the gender, it was a boy, but because I knew). There really is no compromise in this situation because Troy doesn't think he can keep it a secret from me if only he found out. So, if any of you have been through this and you have a suggestion I'm all ears.

As you can see below I'm definitely starting to show more although it does still depend a bit on what I'm wearing. So far I haven't had to buy any more maternity clothes but I'm afraid that I will need more shorts at some point soon.

No comments: