Friday, June 17, 2011

Baby's Name

No, I'm not revealing our name choices--we haven't even made a final decision yet and like I said before we won't be sharing them before the baby is born anyway. This is about what Luke may start calling the baby.

We were all upstairs getting Luke ready for bed and the baby came up. I started to ask Luke if he wanted a girl or a boy baby but he interrupted me.

Luke: "Mom, what do we call the baby?"
Me: "We haven't decided on a name yet."
Luke: "What do we call the baby in your tummy?"
Me: "Baby. What do you want to call the baby?"
Luke: "Rudolph!"
Troy and I both laughed out loud. I said, "You want to call the baby Rudolph?"
Luke: "Yep."
Me: "Okay, we can call the baby Rudolph if you want to I guess."
Troy: "The baby may not like that too much if it's a girl baby."
Luke: "It's okay Dad."

So, who knows if that was a random fluke or if it will stick. It will be interesting to see what happens. And I guess since this is a December baby having the nickname of Rudolph until otherwise named isn't so bad.

No comments: