Friday, January 11, 2013

How Can It Be 1-11-13 Already?!?!

Seriously, I have no idea where the last month has gone.  We have been so crazy, busy with life.  There are probably about 10 posts I need to write but I truly haven't had much time to even sit and take a deep breath.  I'm just going to do some random thoughts today so I don't forget some of these things.  I shouldn't be quite so busy after Tuesday (at least in theory) and I plan to blog more then.

Random Thoughts:
*Luke was 4 1/2 years old yesterday.  WHOA!!!  That really sounds so very old.  Last night when I checked on him before going to bed myself, I was struck by how much bigger and older he has gotten the last couple of months.  His independence has been exerting itself in abudance the last few months as well--that is both good and bad.  More on Luke to come.
*Hannah is no longer technically a baby.  :(  That's another WHOA!!!  She had her one year check-up on Tuesday and that was one of the first things the doctor said--it made me really sad.  She weighed 23 pounds, 6 ounces (95%) and is 31 inches long (75%).  She is still not walking on her feet.  Hannah insists on walking on her knees and can do so all the way across the room so we know she has the balance necessary but she's just doing things her way.  No surprise there!  The doctor also asked if Hannah was saying mama and dada yet.  Well, she's got about 10 words now (mama, dada, bra-bra (brother), ba (bottle/cup), than you (thank you), pe (please), bye bye, hi, do (dog) and da (cat).  The doctor was super impressed.  Luke talked a bunch early so I'm not that surprised.
*Hannah had another molar come in this week.  I just finally saw it peeping through yesterday.  It's the bottom, right one.  Thankfully, she hasn't been fussy with this one, only restless sleeping for the last week.  That makes 10 teeth for Miss HannahBean.  
*Troy had two weeks off over the holidays.  It was amazing to have him home with us for such a long time.  He found out not too long before Christmas that he got a promotion to Senior Geologist--way to go Troy!!!  He's worked hard for that and we are very proud of him.  A great bonus is he now has 4 weeks of vacation--hooray!!!
*Troy has been very busy planning our 10 year anniversary trip to Switzerland.  We are going the last week of May and first week of June.  We are both very excited but a bit concerned about being away from the kids for almost two weeks.  
*Troy gave me a Kindle Fire for Christmas.  I truly was not much into the idea of the electronic reading thing but I thought I would give it a try to see if it was more convienient and let me read a bit more (even 10 minutes a day is more than I have been able to do).  It's so awesome!  I read all 3 Hunger Games books in less than a week (Troy and I were gone for 3 days which helped a bunch).  I haven't been able to read much this week but I know that having the Kindle will really be so much easier for me than toting a book around.

Okay, Hannah's waking up from her nap and Luke needs something to drink.  Back to this busy life for now :)

No comments: