Saturday, February 18, 2012

Week 8: February 9-15

The end of last week was pretty uneventful. The kids and I had our typical stay-at-home in our pj's day on Friday. Saturday and Sunday were also pretty relaxing.

Sunday afternoon I did get to have some girl time with April. We went to see "The Vow" and to dinner at Charleston's. It was so nice to be away from everything for a few hours--thank you April for making it happen. Troy obviously stayed home with the kids. He fed Hannah her first bottle while I was gone. She wasn't too keen on it for about 5 minutes but then decided it was okay according to Troy. All three of them were happy to see me when I got home.

Monday was an exciting day for Luke. It snowed during the night which we had talked about before he went to bed. I heard him wake up, walk over to his window, pull open the blinds and then exclaim, "Mom, it snowed!!!!!!" He repeated that about 10 times at the top of his lungs--he could hardly stand the excitement. We had to quickly eat breakfast and get dressed to go outside to play. I set Hannah in her bouncer by the window (she was sound asleep) and Luke and I played outside for about an hour. We had a great time! Luke made snow angels with our neighbor and they had fun chasing Maggie around. Luke and I also built a snowman that was named Rudolph. Unfortunately because it warmed up so fast Rudolph had fallen over by lunch time and almost all of the snow was gone by dinner.

Monday afternoon we also went to Luke's school for his class Valentine Day party. It is so fun for me to watch him interact with his teachers and his friends. He had a great time hanging out with them and handing out his Valentine's to everyone (Life Saver suckers with a card). The highlight for me was figuring out that he has a "girlfriend" and her name is Bella. He has talked about her numerous times but when we arrived she was so excited to see Luke. She yelled, "Luke, you're here!" It was the sweetest thing :)

Valentine's Day wasn't too exciting for us. Luke and I made brownies in the afternoon for our dessert. Luke also helped me a bit making crab cakes for dinner. So we all enjoyed a nice dinner, then had brownies and ice cream and opened a few gifts. It wasn't super romantic for Troy and I but we sure enjoyed a nice evening with our too precious kiddos.

A couple of randoms about the week: Luke has held Hannah probably 5 days out of 7 and he is really interacting well with her. Hannah's hair is growing and she has a bit more fuzz. She is really holding her head up well and tracking more with her eyes.

No comments: