Saturday, February 5, 2011

Random

Just a few random thoughts I've had lately.

*I'm sick of snow. Luke and I have only left the house once in the past 5 days and I'm starting to go a bit stir crazy. Our side streets are still completely snow packed. Troy wasn't even sure he was going to make it home last night because our street has very slight inclines at both ends and he couldn't get up one side and barely made it up the other.

*Troy and I were talking about Luke's eczyma this morning and Troy was frustrated that there's not much we can do about it. Luke was at the table eating breakfast and listening to us. He said, "Mom don't make Dad cross." What? I don't even use the word cross. I asked him where he learned that. His response, "The trains get cross sometimes." As in the trains on Thomas sometimes get upset with each other. AMAZING!!!

*I am surprised at the number of blog posts I've been doing this week. I guess that's because I've been trapped in the house all week. This post is #185--almost to 200!

*I wish that I would've been more productive this week. I could not find any motivation--so frustrating.

*I'm super excited about the deal I got on a KitchenAid mixer last night from Kohl's online. It's actually a gift for multiple occassions from my sister but I'm the one with the Kohl's account. Anyway, normal price is $370 and I got it for $250 including tax and shipping plus there is a $30 rebate and I got $40 Kohl's cash and a free magazine subscription--AWESOME!!!

*Luke is really into getting kisses when he bonks his head or hurts himself some other way. I love that he runs to me and says, "Kiss it Mom!" And then everything is fine. The magical powers of a kiss from mom never fade :)

*I'm bummed that Troy is going out of town tomorrow night and won't be here to watch the Super Bowl with me. We're pulling for the Packers because we want Jordy Nelson to get a ring (he's a former walk-on player from K-State).

Okay, that's it for now :) Have a good weekend!

No comments: