Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentine Cake

Yesterday afternoon I realized that I hadn't made anything yummy for dessert for after our Valentine's Day dinner (we ordered Ted's from up the street). My new mixer arrived late last week and I hadn't had a chance to use it so I decided to try it out. I asked Luke if he would rather make cookies or cake. He gave me numerous answers the most of which was cake. He has a puzzle that has different desserts pictured on it; at one point he brought me the picture of a cherry pie which I told him we couldn't do. The next picture from the puzzle he brought me was of a cake. So we made cake. Luke tried to make it very easy and just put the puzzle piece in the bowl and said we were done; I said not quite. Luke did a great job helping me pour all the ingredients in the bowl but after that part was over he told me he was done working. I know it was really tough on him :)
We all enjoyed our mexican dinner and then we opened our gifts before having some cake for dessert. I had to keep in mind that this was the first time I had ever made cake from scratch rather than from a box and it wasn't the greatest. I followed the recipe but Troy and I both decided it needed to be more moist. I will definitely try again though because using the mixer was so easy--love it!

This is Luke opening Tiny Pteranondon. She is one of the interactive dinosaurs from Dinosaur Train that will talk to her friends. We also have Buddy the T-Rex and Morris the Stegosaurus so Luke had fun making them all talk together last night.

One more note about yesterday: K-State beat KU at home 84-68. The closest the Jayhawks got was 5 points. It was a great game and a very romantic touch to our evening. If history repeats itself KU should go on to win the NCAA tournament.

No comments: