Wednesday, December 5, 2012

December Daily: 12-4 & 12-5

December 4:  We finally decorated the Christmas tree last night.  This is by far my most favorite activity of the holiday season.  I love having the Christmas music on in the background and reminicing about all of our different ornaments and spending time together as a family.  

Both kids were in their pj's for the event.  For some reason that really struck me and I love that that's how it worked out--maybe an innocence factor to it all.  Of course Hannah wanted to eat the ornaments which was a challenge but we managed.  Luke was super into hanging ornaments this year--he really got into it which was so much fun to watch.  He even put the angel on top of the year.

December 5:  As I've mentioned numerous times, I'm addicted to Pinterest.  Well, I have seen numerous different ideas for decorating styrofoam trees.  My plan was to work on some about 3 weeks ago--I finally got a chance to work on some today.  Hannah was napping after lunch and Luke was at school so I took an hour and worked on 4 different trees.  I haven't taken any pictures of them but I will at some point.  I really had a lot of fun outside of the fact that I now have a blister on my thumb from the hot glue I was using.

No comments: