Monday, December 10, 2012

December Daily: 12-6 & 12-7

December 6:  We have started a new tradition this year.  I'll have to admit it's another idea from Pinterest but a really fun one.  Before the month started, I wrapped 24 Christmas/winter themed books for the kids.  Each night before bed we unwrap a book and read it.  It's another way for Luke to count down the days and it's something that Hannah can also enjoy (she's very slowly learning how to listen to a whole book).  

December 7:  Friday was a pj day at our house.  We LOVE having pj days--especially Luke.  It's been quite a while since we've had one but I wasn't feeling good and it was cold and cloudy outside so it was the perfect day to stay inside with our fuzzy, warm pj's on.  


Luke and I did decorate our gingerbread house while Hannah was napping so we did accomplish something at least.  Last year Luke and I decorated graham cracker houses I put together (it was one of the last special activities we did together before Hannah was born--a memory I'll always cherish).  This year we have a plastic house that Grammy got for us that it super easy.  All you have to do is snap the pieces together and put the icing and candy on.  It's worry-free and very fun!  Luke did a great job decorating.


No comments: