Monday, December 10, 2012

December Daily: 12-8, 12-9 & 12-10

December 8:  This was a much needed family day at home.  I did make a quick, well not really quick because it was Saturday, trip to Target for some things (I would like to know how a few things ends up being over $200 and no I didn't buy anything we didn't need) but the rest of the day was just the 4 of us chillin'.  My favorite part of this day: listening to Troy and Luke talking and laughing as they built a new train track.  They have so much fun together; it truly warms my heart to hear them together.

December 9:  The Jacquie Lawson advent calendar is another Christmas tradition in our house.  We are in our 3rd year with this one.  I know this one will last because Luke talks about it all through the year.  It's the computer advent calendar that Grammy sends to Luke.  It is an interactive calendar with animals, bears, trains, and other very fun things.  Luke loves to look at it every day and most often goes through all the days again.  He also loves to sing along as most days have familiar Christmas songs associated with them.  

December 10:  I have to say that tonight was one of the best nights our family of 4 has had together in a while.  The kids and I picked Troy up from work early and we headed downtown to Bass Pro so the kids could see/talk to Santa.  We only waited about 15 minutes for our turn.  Luke walked right up to Santa; Troy put Hannah in his lap; we took some pictures; Luke told Santa he wanted the Lego Gold Mine; Luke got a candy cane and we were done.  We did walk around a bit and then we headed to dinner.  

I convinced Luke that we should go out for pizza at Upper Crust.  It was a great dinner; both kids were in great moods and we had super yummy food.  It was Hannah's first time eating pizza.  No surprise--she loved it.  I think she probably ate an entire slice except for the crust.  I like the idea of making a pizza dinner out after a Santa visit a tradition.  We'll see I guess.

No comments: