Friday, January 7, 2011

Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve was a pretty low key day for us. Troy was gone all morning getting the oil changed and having maintenance done on my car (thank you for not making me go dear husband) so Luke and I just took it easy. I also didn't feel the greatest and would figure out I had a mild form of the stomach bug that's been going around. Luke and I did make sugar cookies for Santa although I cheated and bought premade dough. Luke had a great time putting the sprinkles on the cookies as you can see below.
We went to church with the McBride family at 4 and they kindly included us in their Christmas Eve dinner. We had a good time but we didn't stay too late because I did't feel well and we needed to get Luke in bed before Santa came. When we got home Luke got to open his traditional Christmas Eve gifts of pj's and a new book. He was very excited to open gifts and it made Troy and I anxious to see him Christmas morning. Luke went to bed quickly after he read his new book. We had a bunch to do to prepare for Santa so we didn't get to bed until much later than I wanted but I've heard that's how it goes for parents on Christmas Eve.

No comments: