Monday, December 12, 2011

39 Weeks

So, hopefully this is my last weekly post about pregnancy. Troy and I both think that my belly is really poking out now. We are also both ready for her to be here and have told her that she is very welcome anytime.

A quick sidenote: If I had decided to stick with having a c-section, today would have been her birthday. It would have been a completely different day for all of us.

I don't have much to say about the past few days other than my braxton hicks contractions have definitely picked up. Yesterday I had them all day with a few periods of no activity. Today they didn't start until about 3 but haven't let up since. I'm hoping this means true labor isn't far away. Last week at my midwife appointment I was 1 1/2 cm dilated and 60% effaced. Hooray for progress. Let's hope for a bunch more at my Wednesday appointment this week.

Troy and I did go to a refresher birthing class on Saturday. We only made it through 2 of 6 before I was in the hospital with Luke so we thought it would be good to get more info and be on the same page a bit more with everything. There was a lot of focus on relaxation techniques for during labor and how to manage the pain. We are both really glad to have gone.

No comments: