Sunday, December 18, 2011

December Daily: 12-17

We have a tradition around here that at some point during December we go see The Nutcracker. It's a tradition that Troy and I started when we were in Houston 7 years ago. We haven't missed a year since then until this year. There's obviously no way to really plan around having a baby and we decided it wasn't worth the risk of not being able to go after buying tickets. I know that was the right decision but I really missed going this year. It is probably one of my most favorite traditions we have. Last year was the first time we took Luke. We were only able to stay for the first half of the performance because it's not exactly something to hold a 2 year olds attention for long. It was fun to be able to take him for at least part of it though. I'm really looking forward to next year when Luke should be able to stay for the whole performance. I don't anticipate taking baby girl for a few years but what a joy it will be for me to be able to go with Troy and BOTH kids in the years to come :)

No comments: