Sunday, December 18, 2011

40 Weeks

So today is my due date and no baby yet. My body has been doing tons of stuff the last few days to suggest that labor isn't too far away. I've been encouraging all of these things although I have to say they're not all comfortable. As this will be the first time my body has ever gone through labor it is like having a first child and thus going past your due date is quite common.

Let me say that having a child at 34 1/2 weeks and now reaching 40 weeks is a huge difference. There is no question that this time around is much, much better for the baby and I but man when women say the last few weeks of pregnancy are uncomfortable they aren't kidding. I am very ready for this baby girl to arrive but know she'll come when she's ready.

And if she still isn't ready by next Monday, the 26th, my midwife is going to induce me. That will be 8 days past my due date and she doesn't want me to go further than 10 days past my due date. I really would like to avoid this outcome. Only time will tell.

Not only is today my due date but it is also Troy's birthday. He was truly wishing that he would be able to share his birthday with his daughter but unless I have an incredibly fast labor within the next 7 1/2 hours that wish won't be granted. I would have no objections to a fast labor but I'm not holding my breath.

Here's a picture of the banner on my blog showing the countdown to my due date. I just thought it would fun to see this at a later date.

No comments: