Thursday, December 15, 2011

Pregnancy Update

I currently have 3 days until my due date. That's great news! I don't think she has any plans of coming before then though--not such great news. I'm not upset about this (okay maybe a little) but I was really hoping for more progress at my midwife appointment yesterday. I was the same as last week other than she's dropped a little bit more (I knew that though because of the way I felt). I was so confident that I would have made some progress because of all of the braxton hicks contractions and even a few "real" contractions that I've been having. Nope.

Okay, so what's the plan? Well, I'm doing everything (almost) that anyone suggests to help kick start labor. I would really like to help this baby make an appearance before Christmas. If she is stubborn and hasn't come by the early morning of the 26th I will be induced. I'm not happy or excited or looking forward to that in the slightest other than the joy of her being here then. First of all it's not a great thing to be induced when you're attempting a vbac and second of all I have heard lots of bad stories about induction and the amount of time they can take. I would appreciate any and all good thoughts, wishes and prayers that I can avoid an induction--thank you. I'll continue to keep you updated.

No comments: