Thursday, December 15, 2011

December Daily: 12-15

I'm sure most of you have heard of the Elf on the Shelf. Our elf first made an appearance last year. My sister and I named him Dobby--yes that's a reference to Harry Potter. He has been around this year since right after Thanksgiving. This was his location a couple of nights ago. Luke saw him at breakfast the next morning and was ever so excited that Dobby was looking down on him from the lights. Tuesday afternoon Luke told me that Dobby was going to have to tell Santa that he hadn't been very good that day. It had been a rough day on both of us and I agreed with Luke. I was glad to know that Luke understands the concept of Dobby. Unfortunately Dobby is not having quite as much influence on Luke's behavior as I would like but it is a fun tradition and Luke enjoys looking for him each morning.

No comments: