Friday, July 22, 2011

Week in the Life

That's the title of Ali Edwards' project to document a week in your life which she is undertaking next week. Below is the explanation Ali has on her blog about the project.

A seven-day documentary project, Week In The Life is an annual opportunity to capture the simple everyday details of your life with photos and words. The albums I’ve created using the basics outlined below are some of my most treasured in that they are wonderfully true representations of my family’s life at a particular point in time. From the mundane to the profound, it’s those simple little everyday moments that I treasure most.

As I've mentioned before, Ali is a favorite scrapbooker of mine and I follow her blog daily. Ali will be completing her project with actual paper, pictures and accessories. I, however, am going to attempt to keep up with the project on my blog. I figure I have a better chance of completing the project that way (much less time putting everything together plus I won't have to print out pictures daily).

As Ali mentions in her description this is about the big events as well as all the little things that make up our lives on a daily basis. In past projects, Ali has pictures of her sink full of dirty dishes, the pile of laundry on the floor, an unmade bed, her children's rooms along with pictures of her favorite spot to read a book, her backyard flowers, receipts from purchases throughout the week, etc. It's also about writing a description of your day including what time you get out of bed, what you eat throughout the day, quotes you hear from your family members, your thoughts from the day, etc. The idea is to get a complete account of what your life is like on a daily basis.

I have to say that I am really looking forward to this project. It may be difficult to keep up with but my plan is to blog each night after Luke goes to bed. So, next week expect to see daily blog posts that may not be super exciting but down the road I know they will be fun to read and reflect on our lives at this point in time.

You can check out Ali's blog at www.aliedwards.com if you want to see more about this project.

No comments: