Friday, April 13, 2012

What's in a Name?

I've been having all these random ideas for blog posts lately.  I think they're pretty fun and a good way to capture some of the small everyday pieces of our lives (also something that's been on my mind lately).

So for today, our names, their history, and our nicknames.

Troy Anthony
*I'm not sure there are any family connections to Troy's name.  If Troy had been a girl his name would have been Crystal.
*Also known as: hon, babe, TB, Dad, Daddy, T-dog, T-money

Amy Elizabeth
*My mom always knew that her first daughter would be named Amy because she loved it so much.  Elizabeth is my mom's middle name and my grandmother's middle name.  If I had been a boy my name would have been Eric.
*Also known as: dear, PT, Mom, Mommy, famous, amos

Luke Edward
*Luke was one of the front-runners for boy names for us right from the start.  Edward was my maternal grandfather's middle name; he passed away while I was pregnant with Luke.  If Luke had been a girl his name would have been Aubrey Elizabeth.
*Also known as: Lukester, munchkin, kiddo, crazy monkey, sweet boy

Hannah Elizabeth
*It took us a while to decide on Hannah but we knew we wanted something that would go well with Luke and biblical names seem to be favorites of ours.  Elizabeth is the same as mine.  If Hannah had been a boy her name would have been Eric Anthony.
*Also known as: Miss Hannah, Hannah-bean, Hannah banana, sweetheart, sis

No comments: